Sunday, August 30, 2009

Block 5 Finished!

This is actually just my second block to be finished - great fun! Now to choose what I'll do next! Lots of girls have indicated they are very interested in this quilt, so let's hope they do join in! I have used a plain, good quality quilters muslin for my background - not out of necessity, but because it was in my stash and I was so keen to get started. I mention this again because some girls will find the initial outlay for pattern and background fabric a bit prohibiting - the pattern is excellent value and one doesn't necessarily have to use repros to achieve a vintage look if that is what you would like.
Happy sewing - hugs - Lurline♥

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Another finished block! I was thinking one block a week will take 6 months (that's if I work on nothing else... I guess leaves are a little bit faster than elephants anyway... I wonder if I can finish 4 blocks in 3 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of the flowers Lurline, it looks amazing.
    What was that about my elephant? He's done already, shall show you soon.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Lurline. I like the choice of colours you are using - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Lurline..
    Everything about it...the colours!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lurline, what a fun block! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lurline...just love your colors...you've got a talent for fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............