Monday, August 17, 2009

A different block..................

This block is by a lady called Denise from Canada (no blog). Denise emailed me the other day to say that she was drafting her own blocks from a picture of the original quilt. We have had a couple of conversations via email over the last few days and this morning she sent me photographs of her completed blocks so far. She gave me permission to show them on here but wanted me to post the same block that I was up to. Isn't it lovely? I think I've said before that I love to see how other people put their own interpretation on each block. So, I had better get on with block two so that I can show you Denise's too. I have started it, but not much progress to post about. I'm waiting to hear from some bloggers from other shores that should have their patterns very soon, as soon as they email me I can put them on the list and we can hear from others ~ how exciting!!

5 comments:

  1. This is just wonderful seeing a block from Denise, thanks, Denise! Hmmmm, beautiful and similar - lovely to see those birds swooping down!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful a definetly very similar to Lurlines. Was this a conincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiesta
    The blocks are originally from an 1858 antique quilt.
    I drew mine from the antique quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzie.. I know Denise and her work is fabulous!! (by another applique group) some people are just truly gifted.. to even be able to draft their own version!! just awesome!! so glad I am backtracking to see what and how this started from the beginning..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............