Sunday, August 9, 2009

Having Fun with Block One!

Oh, this is all very new and different - thank you Lizzie for the beautiful presentation of this special blog and the work you have put into it! I know of several girls who are going to participate in making this beautiful quilt and can't wait to hear from them. It is wonderful to have Kathie from Inspired by Antique Quilts join us - Kathie has so much to contribute and I'll let her tell you all about it - she is anxiously awaiting her pattern! I don't intend being too much of a purist and I guess whatever way one chooses to go that is fine as I am sure we'll only ever do one of these and being comfortable and enjoying is the most important thing! Block One is well underway and I have chosen a lovely quality, plain muslin for the background. My applique fabrics will be quite bright and in most cases genuine reproductions. Corliss recommends adding one's own personal touch, so I will certainly be using artistic licence. I am so enjoying appliqueing again - quite slow, but creative and rewarding - it will be a long-term project for me! Please contact Lizzie if you are interested, I will be more than happy for anyone to contact me, and I hope we have lot of girls join us - I'm looking forward to good times ahead! Happy Stitching - Hugs Lurline♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............