Saturday, August 29, 2009

Leaves and more leaves for block 2..............

.........33 of them I think, it seemed like a lot more while I was stitching! Anyway, that's block 2 out of the way. The colour looks a bit washed out and cold in the picture but I can't get outside the rain is bucketing down, so had to use the flash indoors, never the best. I do like the way the light flowers lift up all the tones of green.
So as a light relief from green leaves I've decided to do this block next, look not a leaf in sight.

I think that's how I'll probably go, leafy then not leafy, until I run out of 'not leafy' then I'll just have to bite the bullet and get on with it, lol. I'm looking forward to doing some reds in this block and I'm thinking of adding some embroidery from now on too, I have to give it some thought!!

Just before I finish, welcome to some new friends this week.

Janet, Deb, Jeanette, and Esther, and still to come Lorraine. Blogs of all those that have them are on the right sidebar so that we can all keep up with what other things are happening in our lives, besides the all consuming CWBQ of course!

Be back later in the week, keep stitching..........

16 comments:

  1. Lots of work done this week, Lizzie - good to see! I am so looking forward to your next block - will be a big change for us all to see, thanks!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that block.....so wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is gorgeous Lizzie. I'm going to love seeing the next one. It's great to see the fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block looks great Lizzie. Mmmm not looking forward to doing all those leaves though. :) Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. The block looks wonderful, love the fabrics you chose.
    Oh I would rather do leaves than circles :)
    looking forward to seeing your next block finding the right fabric for the elephant is going to be fun
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have chosen some beautiful fabrics Lizzie. This is a beautiful block and you are going to be an inspiration for me when I start my CWBQ. Once the background fabric arrives at Threadbear I will start my first block. It was lovely to meet up with you the other week. Such a shame that our coffee was interrupted by all the background noise!!! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully done block! There is a leaf or two on that quilt, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful block. Love your selection of greens. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this block Lizzie. The variation in the greens is calming. I can't wait to see what you do with the elephant.

    Cheers, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Lizzie, I love your white flowers. And welcome to the new CWBQ stitchers!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks just gorgeous. I will have to wait until I REALLY feel like doing the elephant block... I love it, but I just want to get some fast leaf blocks under my belt first! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did I mention how much I love the soft teal and sage fabrics in this block?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Block two looks lovely Lizzie! I like the one you picked next.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love all those leaves!!! Fantastic block!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the block looks wonderful, well done! this is very exciting stuff

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindíssima sua arte.Parabêns, tudo de bom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............