Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Little More News!

I have just posted a lengthy, newsy Post on my blog, Lurline's Place! We had a lovely Girlfriends! day at my place yesterday and Kris brought along her first block in progress. She picked up the pattern in Melbourne when we went to the quilt show - a lovely Lecien background fabric from GJ's Discount from Melbourne, too. Kris is a happy girl and looking very happy about this!
A little more progress on mine and still quite a bit to do - they are busy, busy blocks! There is so much scope for self-expression and we can look forward to lots of interesting applique.
So far, I have appliqued using the freezer paper method, pressing towards the shinyside up. I must read up on Jo Morton's 'backbasting method' and will pass on the info.
Happy Day!
Hugs - Lurline♥

7 comments:

  1. These civil war blocks are wonderful! Thanks for sharing them! I love the applique but did it only once years ago. I need to learn it all over again!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both those blocks are looking amazing, it is so interesting to see different colourways. Right I'm off to stitch a leaf.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block Lurline, your work is beautiful. I am just looking on at the moment - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks, I have ordered the pattern and will be starting as soon as it arrives.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ladies these blocks are just spectacular! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Corliss showed her quilt again at the Applique
    Society in Castlemaine last Saturday, it is stunning. Maybe I will have to start another project. Enjoy reading about your progress.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............