Sunday, August 30, 2009

Starting with block 20...

Here are my fabrics for my first block - block 20.
I just love birds in quilts, so I started a bird block with few colour choices. I know I will enjoy selecting colours later on, but I was just ITCHING to get started!! On their own the stems look like they are a creature from a Tim Burton film. LOL!!
I bought the whole bolt of fabric for my background - it's a lighter colour than that shown in the pattern. I think I will change the borders a bit. I like the horses in the original quilt. I can't wait to post again with more progress.
It's great looking at everyone's progress. Thank you to all blog members.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine, I love your colour choices and it's great that we all seem to be doing different blocks! Those stems do look a bit like a fracture inching along. Happy to have you joining us.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine, I have just visited your blog - wow! your work is beautiful - looking forward to following you every step of the way!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorraine. I love your colour choice - and your Baltimore blocks are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Cheers, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you girls are just lovely. Thanks for your encouraging words.

    Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............