Sunday, September 13, 2009

At least it's a start

Hi Everyone, this is my first post and I would like to thank Lizzie for allowing me to join and for organising the blog. Your work has been looking fabulous, so much diversity. Can you imagine what these are going to look like at the end? I have been a little slow starting for various reasons. I am waiting on the background, but rather than get really behind, I thought I could at least design the blocks and start stitching when the background comes. I am pinning my pieces to felt (my design wall). Not much done, but a little. I am using a Starter Pack from Corliss which I can highly recommend. Beautiful fabrics as you would expect from Corliss. I am adding to these from my stash - which is not huge but has some lovely bits and pieces. Here it is..... I just love purple, so any excuse to use it and I'm there! I hope you are enjoying this quilt. Cheers, Deb

8 comments:

  1. Hi Deb
    Just love that Vase Fabric :-) It is so perfect.
    Love all the colours. I know you are going to have fun.
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said Deb, fabulous colours. Welcome to the 'Bride' blog, I just love all these variations in fabrics/colours, Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. purple PERFECT choice instead of the blue...I just may have to follow your lead!
    looking good so far, I know isn't it hard waiting?
    great idea to start choosing your fabrics and laying out the block as soon as the fabric arrives you will be ready to start stitching.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Deb - pretty as!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Deb, your first block is going to be beautiful. Good idea to start cutting the pieces. Looking forward to see more - hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your block Deb, I love the colour purple too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! Yes, plan ahead while you wait for your background. I wonder how many blocks you will prepare! Wouldn't it be wonderful to have 3 or 4 ready to go? You might find that habit-forming. Prepare 4, stitch them, then prepare some more...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............