Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Block 7 is on the way...............

Well I'm back on track this week after a busy weekend. I started block 7 but I don't know how happy I am with the colours?

Maybe I was just dazzled by the pinks and reds in the last block I did, I've got purples, reds and blues on a green bird for the second peacock..................

......and then of course the showy head crests are embroidered on last, they will be in reds and gold I think!!

What a fabulous blog we have going ladies, so many of us now that we are having posts just about every day. I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am with this blog and quilt.

Oh yes, I've decided to give the bride a groom, that will be my next block. I just have to work it out and then I'll be on to it. Nothing like a good wedding I always say.

Have a good week everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Lizzie I think it is gorgeous just the way it is. If I were to change anything - I might change the green to one that's a little denser, but I don't think you need to. The peacock blue is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie, I love the colours on this block so far. Aren't we all energetic about this quilt? Everyone seems to be blogging these last few days. It's so exciting!!! Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzie Love the colour of the peacock I would go for a denser darker than the leaves green too. Are the spots on a brown backgound. If you are not sure do the secon bird first and go back to this one. I work on the Adage If it feels right do it. If not think about it.
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what I see and think it is going to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite the inspiration for quilters doing this quilt! I'm not doing that one, but love seeing all the pictures of blocks as you progress!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is gorgeous Lizzie, I love his tail. Can't wait to see your groom xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, you are my peacock inspiration. It looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............