Thursday, September 3, 2009

Brown Stems!

Block 12 - brown stems! It is just so lovely to see all the WIP - I'm not travelling too fast at the moment - family responsibilities! Just a little word to encourage everyone to post as you stitch - hope you are all enjoying the posts as much as I am!

I have decided to do brown stems for a bit of variety - the green leaves should brighten it all up. I'm thinking pinkish flowers again, though must admit, like Kathie, I am keen to hop in with a bit more red! Have you checked out Lizzie's Cook Blog - see top right - gorgeous Mandarin Cake I am dying to try soon. Happy Day - hugs - Lurline♥

Oopsy! You will have to go to Lizzie's main blog to check on to her Cook Blog.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lurline
    Pattern arrived in the mail today :-)))) Cannot wait to start. I intend to make the mandarine cake too as it sounds devine!
    I like the brown :-)
    Off to choose my fabrics after lunch.
    Happy sewing
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brown stems Lurline, pinks sound wonderful.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of brown stems. They are lot of stems on one block! I haven't even finished my first block yet - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad everyone is able to post as they progress, it's exciting. The stems certainly looks rather "stick-y". LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lurline! Those brown stems will be gorgeous with pink flowers! That looks like such fun making those blocks! It's exciting to see everyone's progress. I am not doing that one, but am doing another civil war quilt, foundation piecing for my first time and all by hand. I love it and will post a picture of my two finished blocks on my blog! I love working on it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be great Lurline...oh my, the more I see of these blocks the more I'm tempted to join you..Hugs Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the brown you have used for the stems Lurline, your blocks are amazing xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............