Thursday, September 17, 2009

The First Birds

The ostriches are finally done. I didn't like the bird feet on the original or this pattern so changed them. Mine are a version of bird feet from William Morris tapestries. I saw a book of quilts based on his work and eurika that was the answer.
No flowers on the block for now I can't seem to decide on a color.
I am enjoying seeing everyone's work and color choices. Like having a class everyday instead of once a month.
Happy Stitching to all and to all a good Night
Terry

10 comments:

  1. Well done Terry. You are right, it's fun seeing new blocks nearly everyday. I am still working on my second block. Not too much spare time this week. Glad you enjoy it - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you have done with those feet, Terry! Likewise, I think they needed to be changed1
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely birds Terry and nice feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. vey nice birds,i shall change the feet,too,susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Terry, great birds. I agree about the feet, I don't think any of the bird feet in the quilt are very pleasing. I haven't done them on the peacock block, I thought I might just embroider them instead??
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, you girls are doing great with these blocks..
    Love your birds..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes... I like your feet too. I am going to embroider most of the bird feet on, but these long legs will be appliqued.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, great to see the changes people are making as they go. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your two ostriches! Birds of a feather flock together! I wonder if they are "mates" as well. Wouldn't it be nice to know more about what the original quiltmaker was thinking as she appliqued this quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............