Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hello All

Thanks ever so much for letting me jump in the fray with you all. So much more fun stitching as a group. I have been a little slow in getting a running start, but here I am. I love the antique look of everyone's fabby choices. The more I looked at the pattern, the more my fingers were itching to work the pattern on a black background. So here we go, a few of my fabric choices, I am sure to be adding more as I go. My original intention was batiks on black, it did not look traditional enough for me, so using repros and a few antique looking prints was much more along my taste. I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and I promise to post my first block soon. Cheers, Bobbie

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Bobbie, am I ever looking forward to seeing this done with a black background. I seem to say nothing but 'WOW' whenever I see something new on this blog, but you ladies all continually amaze me ~ I just love this blog!!

    Welcome Bobbie, it's lovely to hear from you.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Bobbie. I'm looking forward to see your first block. I am not much ahead of you. I only completed block 1/20 and will post that up soon - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is exciting, black background! Your fabrics will look striking. I love reproduction fabrics. Lots of people think they are dull, but you have to pick the right ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow and welcome, Bobbie! Love your fabrics and watching the quilt develop on black will be very exciting!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric choices look great Bobbie. Can't wait to see the blocks on black. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Bobbie, I think the black background will look wonderful, especially with the fabrics you have shown in your pic, can't wait to see your first block! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............