Sunday, September 20, 2009

Love your work...

I am really getting a kick out of seeing everybody's blocks. This is block 8. I wanted to show you a close-up of the fabric I used.
I especially love the colour of the cherries. They remind me of the cherries grown at the Cherry Farm here - they are red and yellow.
Here are the four blocks I have appliqued so far (I won't say "finished" - they need embroidery).
I love seeing them together - it gives me a good idea of how the colours are balanced so far.
This is a peacock from block 7. I have chosen different fabrics for the other peacock.
I am glad there are no more strawberry tops. The points were driving me crazy!!

8 comments:

  1. what a wonderful work you did!!!!have a nice day,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognise the fabric of the cherries. I have some of that too and it is a great fabric. I don't think that you have been sleeping much lately :-)
    Keep having fun
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, I really like the colours. Very cheerful block. Well done - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are looking fantastic,still working on my first block

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely. I love your pears - I have a bit of a passion for them, and it all looks great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lovely block and I love the fruit! What a wonderful job you are doing!! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delictable fruit Yummm. I like the cherries. I know them by two names Queen Ann and Bing. I remember having bowls of them (canned) for breakfast at summer camp as a girl. Thanks for the memory. Part of what quilting is all about.

    Lunch has arrived with DH so must go.
    Happy stitching Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............