Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Still Stitchin......

I haven't had a lot of stitching time this week, I've just had so many other things happening, but I've managed to be able to do some most nights in front of the TV. I don't know what it is about this quilt but the more I do - the more I love it!!!! This block is turning out so bright and RED! Honestly, I didn't think it would be this colourful. For some reason I wasn't looking forward to doing this block, it just didn't appeal to me at all but as I stitched it, it took on a different perspective and now I love it!! I saw Lurline's latest block on her blog this morning and I'm in awe of her colour scheme. I think I need more yellows in my blocks???? Lurline your yellows look fabulous. Can't wait to see every ones next block, it's so good to have this camaraderie and motivation from the blog and we are still growing each week, Susi from Germany is joining us this week, also Terry (no blog) who is very new to blogging, the Bride will be her first blogging experience. Judi from here is also new. Welcome to the CWBQ blog everyone, please say hello and let us all know how you're going, we just love to chatter!! Talk to you all later in the week I hope..................... Lizzie XXX

9 comments:

  1. Thanks to you Lizzie for always keeping us motivated. Your block come to life with more stitching. I love it. I have completed my block 1/20 and I will post it tonight when I get home - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie thanks for your support in begining blog land.
    No pictures yet but a slightly blushed cream homespun from the stash for the blocks and I'm going to tackle the ostrich (emu really) block first.
    I have been enjoying the journey as an observer so far and I'm looking forward to being a more active participant.
    Happy sewing to all and to all a goodnight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the cherries overlap the front of the bride. Lots of depth - I like your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is pretty cute, Lizzie - maybe I'd better let her have a block!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is cute, I'm loving seeing these blocks come together. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this block is just lovely, I think it will be the next one for me to accomplish.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second that...the more you do, the more you love it! And, how perfectly you have dressed her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little tilt to her head. Should have done that in my own block as well. Ah, well.... Can't have it all....
    Very pretty block and beautiful arrangement of colors. Neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............