Saturday, September 5, 2009

The strawberry tops

I have nearly finished the strawberry block (block 10). The strawberries just need tops on them. I used one fabric for all of the stems, and I am using one fabric for all of the strawberry tops. I think this will add some unity. I really like the variation in the fabric I chose for the strawberries and leaves. I love the freezer paper (underneath) method of applique. I am not in the mood to finish all the pointy strawberry tops, I guess that is why I left them until last. I want to make another smooth block next - maybe the grapes block, or fruit block. Leaves have a lot of tips don't they? I will see what my fabric stash tells me to do first. This is so much fun with other people to inspire and spur us on!!

7 comments:

  1. Those colours are lovely, it's nice to have something a bit softer isn't it. I know what you mean about the leaves, I have to say they aren't my favourite either, lol.

    At this rate we will all be pushing one another to finish in super quick time!!
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely block. I love the colours too, especially the soft blue/grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The strawberries are gorgeous! I love the colour you have used for the stems and of course the pinks are lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous! I love the light and dark leaves. You have done such quick work on the block. Really like it - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it! You've got that block almost done! Amazing! Love your color choices and I'm with you...those pointy tops can always wait! Can't wait to see what you will have next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your strawberry block. Maybe i'll start with this one just 'cause i love to eat strawberries & yours look so sweet. Yummmy. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............