Sunday, September 27, 2009

This was an easy one

This block has hardly any leaves, and the birds are mostly in big pieces.
I am going to embroider the fruit stems, bird feet, head feathers and beaks. This means, that for now, this block is done!
I have traced off block 2 and applied the stems. There really is a lot of applique on this block. No wonder the girls doing these blocks in order wondered what they had got themselves into!!
I am aiming to make one block a week, but I will not just be working on this quilts. I must be prepared for interruptions!!

8 comments:

  1. Nice birds and I really like the colours for both of them. I will have to dig deep to try and find some nice fabrics for my birds. Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,your birds look very pretty,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Have been choosing fabrics for my birds too for when I start them. Have nearly finished B1 2 leaves and a bird. Have everything prepped for Block 2 lost count of the leaves! and have have the baskets and apples ready to sew on block 5.
    Am getting there slowly :-)
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased you are embroidering the feet and am looking forward to seeing the finished block.The birds' feet in these patterns are really bothering me - birds' feet are quite unobtrusive really. Good on you!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi great birds. Love the subtle differences in the bodies. More interest !!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blues you are using for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I asked Corliss if she appliqued her bird feet. Some of them were blanket-stitched appliqued and some were needle-turned. So, I chose to embroider mine. I did it on my Baltimore Album blocks, and it worked a treat. Thank you for all of your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............