Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Three Blocks Finished!

Firstly, Girls - what a great blog we have here! Every time I check there seems to be a new contribution and what a creative lot we have - very exciting! This is my latest finish - a few additions and a few omissions - lots of fun!
I am thinking I will do nine blocks only, so would like the four corner blocks to consists of urns and flowers. So I have drawn up a fourth block as we had only three in the pattern - hope it turns out as nicely as the other blocks!
Wow - am I impressed with those 'Husbands'! I would be so happy if anyone is interested in sharing - oh, that sounds kind of naughty doesn't it, LOL! I could go back and delete that, but I don't think it is too naughty. No, they really look good and it has never sat well with me that poor girl on her own!
Thanks to you all for making this such a great blog!
Hugs - Lurline♥

10 comments:

  1. Love the block Lurline and what a good idea to have the four corners all flowers and urns, I like that. My groom is yours as soon as I get one!
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I am not participating in this, I am really enjoying following everyone's progress! I was telling a friend about it and she was wondering how she could find the pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lurline,you can have my groom too,if you want,the idea with four blocks with urns and flowers on the corners is very good,i think,what a beautiful block you made,have a nice day,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lurline, that block turned out fabulous! Love the yellow flowers with the blue centers!! You are so talented! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so keen to see your fourth block Which do you think will go in the middle? The happy couple?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Lurline. Good choice of colours too. I like the added berries on branches. I agreed, it's a great blog. Very active group of people sharing ideas and talent here - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea of drawing up your own urn block Lurline. The blocks you have made so far are gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Lurline! I love the yellow flowers. How can you stop at nine blocks? :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would really like to know just where you found the husban block or did you all draw it yourselves. I will be starting this quilt just as soon as I get the Applique Affiar done. I order the quilt patteren and have already received it, but must keep fighting not to go rushing of and starting another project as yet. I do love to see what you all are doing and I am downloading your pictures to a special album. Keep on quilting
    Toddy, In St.Petersbur, FL where it is alway summer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it great that we are all adapting and interpreting the patterns slightly? I am sure the original maker did not think she would create such a stir!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............