Monday, October 5, 2009

Finished Block 1 :-)) Started B2 and 5

Block1webfin

Block 1 is finally finished :-) (Still have to do the black embroidery on the apples) and I have washed and pressed it. I am happy with it but I am at slow applique.

Still having fun

 Block2w

I do have all the leaves and flowers cut and prepared so I am much further than it looks. Had such Fun choosing all the greens.

Block5a

I did not want to make the Bride block yet and so opted for B5 as I just wanted to choose another vase. Love the apples too. Have not chosen any of the other fabrics yet.

Cheers Lynne

9 comments:

  1. Lynne, block one is such beautiful. I love you colors. Are these Williams Morris fabrics? You do such a nice job on appliqué so take your time and enjoy - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear lynne,your fabrics are just beautiful,love your urns, and greens,have a nice day ,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Lynne - so nice to see it!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours Lynne, I do like your second urn fabric, lovely. I love the fact that applique is slow and calm, I find it very therapeutic to just sit and stitch this quilt.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hand work is always slow and should be calming. Enjoy. I am and you are further along than I. Don't have a clue which will be my third block still doing llleaves. We all seem to be doing leaves
    Happy Stitching Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the way these are coming along Lynne. I love the blue you have used for the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, your block is stunning. I especially like the stems you used over the bluebells. I am yet to make this one...thanks for the inspiration and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slow is good! You did a beautiful job on your first block and I love the flower fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............