Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Getting through/over/around a blockage
I was laying out my blocks to photograph them together when a friend who has seen the blocks individually remarked how stunning they look. It's true, all of our blocks look better when seen in real life. This block was a blocker. What do I mean? I couldn't get past it. It seemed to take AGES! and I forgot to make one of the little bud stems, so I had the block ready to finish with only 2 flower centres and a bud to go. I actually started another block, and finished it before I ended up finishing this one!! Thank you dear friends for being there for me, even though you didn't know I felt blocked. It was your photos on this blog, especially where the blocks were shown together that inspired me. Whoops! I photographed one of the blocks upside down! I bet you didn't even notice. LOL!! I changed the ostrich feet a bit too - and the flower colours. Thank goodness for this simple straight-forward block that got me over the hump. Just a note - the platforms for the ostriches are not included in the pattern, you need to make them up. They are shown in the photo, but not on the layout diagram. Here is what I have done now! Almost half the blocks are finished... (that's positive self-talk that is).