Saturday, October 17, 2009

Time for a catch up............

I've been a bit busy with other things for the last couple of weeks and suddenly realised today that it's over two weeks since I posted anything on here, so I thought a bit of a catch up chat was called for (before I get the sack)!
As you can see, I haven't finished my table block yet, what is it? Block 13, that's it!! I quite like this block in between the bride and groom, sort of symbolic I guess!

Still lots of cherries and a few leaves to go, I was hoping to finish it this weekend but I may as well be realistic here.........it's not going to happen! There, now I've said it, no pressure, feels good, no guilt! Insert very big grin here...........

So, we have lots of new friends joined us since I did my last post, if I miss anyone, please feel free to send me a (tiny) slap on the wrist ;o)

Hello and welcome to Sue, Debra, Adele, Gail and Margaret. As well, we have five open invites to join the blog, these ladies are still waiting for patterns or fabrics, so this gives us a grand total of 31. WOW, how big have we grown?? Isn't it great that we are all at different stages of this quilt, but each and everyone of us is loving where we are at?

Have a great weekend everyone and keep stitching..................

Lizzie

XXX

15 comments:

  1. How extraordinary to watch your quilt grow - block by block. I struggle so with applique and am just trying to learn basic shapes. I have the little Civil War Diary Quilt book and can only dream at this point. I will so enjoy seeing yours take shape.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! I just love it! You are right...the table looks perfect between the bride and groom. Your fabric choices are great...I especially like the bottom of your tablecloth...it looks lacey and/or like fringe.

    Well done!

    And thanks again Lizzie for bringing us all together on this quilting journey!

    Welcome to all you "newbies" - I look forward to seeing tons of beautiful blocks!

    (If this is a somewhat duplicate comment, I apologize...I was having a brain burp...)

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear lizzie,the table looks great between the bride and her groom!happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzie you have offered us all so much support by initiating this blog that no excuses for slow stitching are required. You have a permenant pass. Unlike me who has only the excuse of being a slow stitcher as well as a slow foodie.

    I could say I was stopping to smell the roses but... well I just got excited today because I completed 3 leaves while having morning coffee and watching golf with DH.

    Like the block.
    Happy Stitching to all
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Lizzie! The table block looks perfect between the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lizzie, the table looks great, I'm glad you started this block first I didn't know what I would do with the lacy bit! I just put the face on my groom this afternoon. He is sure a handsome groom!!!

    Welcome all newbies. You will love this journey with us. Thanks Lizzie for being such a good host - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  7. lizzie it looks beautiful so far and please take your time!! I will have someone to work with still once I get my pattern..you are right though the table does look good between them.. but the harvest in the vase is poor..LOL.
    Counting the days before my pattern arrives 8 working days left maybe postal will be quick!! I would be able to start getting the pieces ready I am sure..my fabric will be here before the pattern
    thanks for the welcomes honored to be here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I come in very late to this conversation. I have been making this same quilt (from the original not from a pattern) on my own for this entire year with only one of the border sides to go now.

    I invite everyone to visit my website:

    http://pws.blogsite.org/workshop

    to view my version and some other quilts I have made over twenty years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lizzie Love how your fringe came out and I look forward to watching your cherries "grow" on the vine! I am finishing my first block and started the second one!Hope I can figure how to post a pic soon.Every day I look forward to checking this site and see all the talented stitchers out there! Gail from Maine usa(moose country)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your color choices are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lizzie it's coming along beautifully. I love the fringe - is it fabric or a trimming? Either way it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's looking great so far. Great choice for the tablecloth and fringe! Cute arrangement with the husband and wife.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking gorgeous, Lizzie!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like the Bride and Groom are ready to feast on that table! How wonderful! Great to hear the total is up to 31 ....wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............