I finally had a chance to finish stitching on this old diva bird! He is a little too proud of his tale feathers...gold, red, purple and black. Following Lurline's lead, I streamlined his body a bit and gave him a little head plume. I also decided to hide his feet.
I'm having trouble with faces...even with the birds. I'm going to think a little before giving this guy an eye, and maybe even change the eye I gave to the peacock.
The berries were an after thought...after stitching, I realized that his pointy beak was looking a little frayed where I had stitched it down...I thought the embroidered berry stems and crabapples would be a distraction. When I deviate from an original pattern, sometimes it's just to hide some imperfection in my work, not just because I'm feeling "rogue," contrary, or overly creative!! LOL
Thanksgiving holidays are this week, my in-laws are coming, but I still hope to find an opportunity to work on the next block. I have the ostrich block glue-basted and ready for my anxious needle!
Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate this holiday, and for everyone else I wish a week filled with appreciation of all the blessings and family we have been given and hold dear to our hearts.