Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The first six...

The first six are done!  This is not the final order...still scheming on that. 

I thought I could get a better picture today, but alas it is a gray day in Michigan, and there is precious little bright natural light coming through the window.  It is good to lump the blocks together as I plan fabrics and colors for subsequent blocks...I can see I need more red, pink, and medium blue.  I think the purples in Mr. BOP will help as well. 

I still wish I could pour all my attention on this for a while...the more I do, the more I want to do.  I don't think I will ever get bored with this project!

Thank you, thank you for all of your beautiful posts...when I can't be in my sewing room, it is so nice to be sustained by all of your postcards from your quilting journeys.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

8 comments:

  1. VERY nice....this is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a ways to go but sure have made a good start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great together! love the peacock!I wish I also had more time to work on this wonderful quilt. I'm still on block #2; when I'm not sewing, I'm dreaming about this quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...your blocks look awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Teresa. Nearly third of the way! They are great together - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look lovely together. I love your peacock - the tail is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing all your blocks together. Thank you.

    What great progress you have made. You must be really pleased. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love seeing the blocks together! You do beautiful applique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............