Thursday, November 5, 2009

A How -To For Everyone

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone for all of the ooh's and aahh's in regards to my bride block. Several of you have asked about some of the details on the block.

The blush on her cheeks was created with combination of Peach and Blush Pink Prisma colored pencils. Place your block on a hard surface, use a light touch and gently shade her cheeks in a circular motion. Heat set with a dry iron on the back of the block.
The embroidery stitches can be found here, at Sharon B's website.
Good luck to everyone, I can't wait to see what you add to your very own blocks!
Thank you all for all of the lovely comments.

Cheers,
Bobbie
www.bobbieashley.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie,

    Thanks for revealing your secret for the perfect blushed cheeks...I've heard of the Prisma pens, but never known how to use them...now I just need to find them locally.

    She is indeed a beautiful bride!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Bobbie,

    OMG!! I was just visiting your personal blog and realized (correct me if I'm wrong) that your bride is MINIATURE - only 5x7!! She's amazing at any size, but absolutely stunning at her tiny size! Really beautiful work!

    I think I need a worksheet of some kind next to my computer to keep up with all of you guys and your incredible works of art.

    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............