Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wedding Bells are about to ring!

I think I would like to call for a toast! The wedding bells are about to ring! After weeks of on and off stitching the groom block is finally finished. I must say it was an unknown quantity with this block not having a picture or idea of how it would turn out. I had to just keep going and not be worried about it until the end. I only changed my mind once while stitching. I was going to use green for an apple, but the block called for more red to brighten it up a bit so I ended up using red for an apple like the previous blocks. I think I am happy with how it turned out. Thanks everyone for your input on his facial features on my last post. I still haven't decided if I will give him a face. I hope he will talk to me. Here comes the groom armed with flowers and fruit for his beautiful bride. He has a pet bird to whisper to his ear what to do when he finally meets his bride. I would like to mention that the pink fabric for the butterfly came from my friend Serena's fabric collection. She sent me a box of 60-70s fabric and this piece was one of them. Thanks Serena you are now part of my quilt.
Four blocks completed in total. Not too bad for me. I didn't have a lot of time to work on this block, but I really enjoyed stitching it. I have been admiring all the blocks that people on this blog have produced. I think my next block will be the table block. I would like to get this wedding all prepared. The table is very important to bear all the wedding gifts.
Notjustnat.Blogspot.com

15 comments:

  1. Hi Nat,

    Great groom! Now HE'S a catch (my groom should take lessons from your groom about showing up bearing lots of lovely gifts for the ladies!). Hubba-hubba!

    I love the bird on his shoulder...the bird probably prompted him to bring gifts!). The colors are bright and cheerful and really go well with your beautiful bride.

    I think this marriage wil last...

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Natima,

    He is handsome indeed! Wow, your blocks are looking quite lovely together. I am thrilled for you. Which one to choose next? That seems to be a dilema for all of us. Giggle.

    I love the colors, they go so well together.

    If the marriage does not last...my bride might be interested.....

    Hugs to all,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your groom....your blocks look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a very handsome groom Natima and the four blocks together look great, I love it when you can see how they will all fit together. Keep up the beautiful stitching.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your groom and those flower centres are a great little surprise. You bird certainly looks like he could be a willing helper. So nearly finsihed B2 and prep B5 Little by Little :-)
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. he looks really great. Your blocks are delightful love the colour combinations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, Natima - you have accomplished a great deal with other things going on in your life. Your Groom looks quite the gentleman! Isn't it funny how we are all getting so personal about these characters - it's like doll-making, bringing the figures to life!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your groom block is wonderful!
    I love seeing all the blocks together; it's starting to take shape on it's own!
    Keep on stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very handsome groom Natima! The bride is blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do declare, I think it's getting hot in here with all this Southern courting. swoons

    ReplyDelete
  11. As it happens I have a bubbly in hand - so I will certainly toast your groom. Looks gorgeous Natima, I just love the way yours is coming togther.

    xoxo Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is a toast for the bride and groom! Cheer to everyone and thanks for your kind comments. I agree that romance is in the air on here. What do you think Lizzie? Should we have a blog wedding?

    Hugs
    Natima

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Natima it took me too long to get here!!

    I love that your little butterfly came from the US! and also from my closet! You let me know if you need anymore scraps. I am overflowing!

    I love the way your quilt is coming together. You are one very talented lady my friend!!

    Love from East TN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bride and groom blocks compliment each other so well...well done, Natima! Can't wait to see your table overflowing with best wishes for the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He looks very handsome dressed in his finest. He is quite the gentleman to bring all those flowers and fruits for his bride. I love his bird. Very nice, Natima!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............