Friday, December 4, 2009

More Photo's............

As promised I took some more photo's of Corliss' quilt yesterday. Yesterday was my patchwork groups Christmas breakup/day out and Castlemaine was our destination, so that gave me the opportunity to not only see the Bride twice in one week, but of course to get some close up photo's for you all.
Interesting that none of us has actually done the turkey work on the table cloth, I think we've all done it in fabric haven't we? So on this one above you can see how Corliss has done the quilting on the border, very simple diagonal lines with outline quilting around all the applique............ I wasn't very keen on this block in the pattern, but after looking at how Corliss has done it, it has grown on me quite a lot. I love the colours in the rooster and the lacy look of the top orange butterfly. More of the border, I like how the vines change fabric so smoothly, I don't think I would have thought of changing fabric if I hadn't seen the way it looks.
How gorgeous is the needleturn? Plain outline quilting really is lovely, nothing to detract from the fabulous applique. Hope you've enjoyed seeing some more pics of this obsession of ours, I feel very priviliged to be able to take a trip down the road to spur on my enthusiasm when I hit the doldrums. I feel duty bound to spur you all on too! LOL!

10 comments:

  1. dear lizzie,thank you for these beautiful photos,its so nice to see closeups from the original quilt,we all love so much,thanks,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the pictures!! It is so nice to see the detail of the blocks and see how it was quilted.

    I am thinking about doing a little knotted fringe on that table block, but am also worried about it "coming out" over time...will probably just use fabric. I like the lace that some have done!!

    Thank you for the motivation!!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking these wonderful pictures! I love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lizzie, great pic. of the table block and the turkey? I don't know how to do that, but will tackle later on. I am planning to get there one day too - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for showing the detail. I like the way it was quilted and isn't that interesting the way the stem changes colour. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh thanks so much for the photos Lizzie - I need a bit of motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for the photos. It really gave me inspiration I needed. The quilt is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pleasure to see more pics of the quilt! Corliss did such a beautiful job. I love the idea of changing fabrics in the stems. Thanks Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I coming again to visit you, your beautiful quilts, originale and very cretive,happy christmas to you and your family, The Ana Cristina, from Island S.Miguel in Azores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizzie you are awesome for those of us that live so far from the wonderful land of OZ it is a great honor that you took time to photo and show us these little tips and techniques that are done on the quilt. It is very helpful to see what other ideas have transpired while someone makes this quilt..even down to the quilting. thanks a million from someone far..far..away

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............