Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blocks #5 and #6 (my 9th and 10th) - I'm half way through the blocks!

I'm half way done! (at least with the 20 central blocks...)  I've been sick, but finally felt like stitching the last couple of leaves on block #6 and then decided to brave the washing and trimming-up step for both blocks(after reading about two rotary cutter misshaps today in blogland, I marked, measured a second time, and USED SCISSORS!). 

I'm taking no chances with these blocks - my pneumonia meds make me a little loopie!

I was faithful to the pattern on both of these blocks.  I have to admit the urn block (#5) seems sparse compared to block #6 (it has 55 leaves - zeesh!).  It's feast or famine!

I will post all the blocks together with the next block post...I'm not up to it tonight.

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)


15 comments:

  1. Wow, that is incredible.. all hand applique?? I am not a fan of it but love the look. I usually do machine or blanket stitch..That quilt really looks like a challenge and being sick..you are so brave..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, half way done! I'm impressed. Both blocks are looking lovely I like the bright color you used for the flowers. Hope you are totally recovered - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue flowers, it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear teresa how bright and colourful blocks you did,take care,susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your blocks Teresa. Lots of colour and texture.
    Do hope you are feeling much better soon.
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kathie...........your blocks are beautiful. I have had a card of this quilt for years and it is so nice to see it being reproduced. I have sent you an email so I can send you a book! Thanks for visiting me, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa, your leaves and stems are real winners. Everything just seems to flow together. Your vase is fantastic. Both blocks are wonderful!
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Teresa..........my message was for Kathie!! Sorry to be such a twit! Your blocks are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color choices and fabric placement. Your blocks really stand out. Its nice to see them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those blocks. The flowers are just beautiful!! Great colors too! They stand out perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent blocks Teresa! I really, really love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    I have just recieved this pattern in the mail, my friend and I going to inspire each other by working together. Can't wait to start.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolute beauties! I think I should venture into this adventure one day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colors are great! Your quilt will look amazing when put together! Hope you're feeling better; stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your vase is fantastic. Both blocks are wonderful!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............