Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A couple of critter blocks...


Here are my 11th and 12th blocks.  My daughter rides horses, so I thought that I would give the elephant a miss and just focus on the two horses (and their very own apple tree, of course!).  I got the idea for the "apple stack" from my daughter's favorite movie, "Spirit."

I changed the chicken a little bit in the animal block...the one on the pattern looked more like a regular bird to me, and I really like chickens.  The colors are not well represented in my photos...the bar under the foul is really blue, not black.


Here are the 12 blocks that I have finished (apologies for my ugly pink blanket design wall peeking through!). I'm stitching on the bird/nest in the oak tree block, so I hope to be finished with it soon. I'm still playing around with the layout/order of the blocks and also entertaining the idea of a thin, dark sashing. Hmmmm. More on that later.

I'm feeling much better following the pneumonia...it was good to have a little hand work to do as I started to feel better.  Thank you for all your well wishes!

In stitches,
Teresa  :o)

18 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking great, I must get back to stitching mine. Have only done one block so far.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like your horses.
    Sorry to hear that you have been sick. I hope you are back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Teresa. They are coming along nicely together. I was just thinking tonight that I should get back to my block again. Good Job - Natima

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice to see your finished blocks together!they are really great,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are really great.Happy stitching and together your blocks look awesome.Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, seeing it going together, it is amazing! I love the horses one! That is going to be such a fun quilt!! And so much work and time going into it! A real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it is coming along nicely...glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are lovely! I especially like your apple tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Teresa, they look awsome all together, you're certainly powering along now.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely, well done, i am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blocks look great finished. It seems all of us "down under" have been on vacation. Glad to see some one's working.
    I agree with Natima "might" be time to get back to The Bride.

    Stay out of the cold winds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! The chicken block is so bright and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love your blocks Teresa
    Very Nice
    I am perparing 4 blocks to take on a little holiday so do not have much to show. I am slowly progressing though
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. what great ideas and wonderful personal touches!! glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very tempting - lovely individuality! Might even get myself into gear!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to see all the blocks together....you're past the half way mark on the blocks! Keep going! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in awe! They all look so lovely together. You have inspired me to keep on stitching.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blocks just radiate with quality. I love what you have done with them.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............