I changed the chicken a little bit in the animal block...the one on the pattern looked more like a regular bird to me, and I really like chickens. The colors are not well represented in my photos...the bar under the foul is really blue, not black.
Here are the 12 blocks that I have finished (apologies for my ugly pink blanket design wall peeking through!). I'm stitching on the bird/nest in the oak tree block, so I hope to be finished with it soon. I'm still playing around with the layout/order of the blocks and also entertaining the idea of a thin, dark sashing. Hmmmm. More on that later.
I'm feeling much better following the pneumonia...it was good to have a little hand work to do as I started to feel better. Thank you for all your well wishes!