Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm back........

..........and I've finally finished this block!!
I have to say that it hasn't been my favourite block to do so far, I just found it really boring. I enjoyed doing the stems then it went downhill from that point, I guess that's why it took me ages to go back to it. I only had to stitch the top left leaf on last night and it was done, took me all of ten minutes. I think I just needed motivation to get on with it.
I'm not sure which block I'll do next, it was going to be the bird of paradise but I think I might do one with flowers?? I'm going to give it some thought this afternoon.
I hope you all had a wonderful break over the Christmas season and got in more stitching than I did?
Welcome to all the newbies that are starting now, we are looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your blocks.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Lizzie
XXX

11 comments:

  1. Nice block, Lizzie.....doesn't look easy or boring to me! All those Civil War blocks are neat looking! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is very nice.... compliments...
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice block,lizzie,i thought this one a little boaring too,not enough leaves to sew,ha,ha...,have a good time,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Интересный проект,очень люблю ручную аппликацию!!Пока сделала только 4 работы в этой технике.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzie, I love any block with grapes. Looking forward to your next block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lizzie, glad to see you back. Even though you didn't enjoyed working on this blog. It's looks beautiful. I like the colours you used including the polka dot bird. I like grapes too - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it looks great - glad you persevered. Better to get the boring bits out of the way. Hope the next one is funner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! Pick something fun next... there's certainly lots to chose from. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..doesn't look easy or boring to me! All those Civil War blocks are neat looking!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lizzie,

    Somehow I missed this post when I was sick...sorry! Nice job on this block! I have not decided if I am going to do this one...mostly because there will be a lot of grapes on the house block that I am drafting for the happy couple. I do find that when I look at Susi's finished blocks, this block is the one that my eye is drawn to. Maybe because it is so calming after all the craziness of some of the blocks...maybe it's all those circles. Or maybe that the leaves are so different from the rest. Thanks for pushing through the boredom and making such a lovely, inspiring block!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............