Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sister Block Blooms.......

Welcome to the new year!
I finally finished Block 6, which I consider sister to Block 2 because of similarities in the blooms emphasized by my use of the same fabrics. I can tell now that the quilt is taking a life of it's own because it's going in a different direction than I had originally planned! I plan to use alot of greens (like in the original "Bird of Paradise" quilt top). But, don't hold me to it......again, the quilt might take on another direction! The second photo is Block 12 (I changed the design similar to the original quilt top). Again, lots of greens! I think I will press on with a block with more leaves.....I'm in a green mode! I ain't tired of them yet! Have a nice weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Wow Mona, they look amazing. It's just astounding how many different faces this quilt has, fabulous.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona, I just love your Sister Blocks - how creative you have been with the background, too!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mona,love your blocks,too,so diffrent and nice fabrics,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure do admire your infatuation with the leaves and flowers.
    lookin just like spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mona, beautiful Blocks. I love your choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona they are both beautiful. I like how you put your own touch into the blocks. Lovely Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mona, they are just gorgeous! I know in reading older posts your pieced backgrounds have been commented on before but they are very striking.
    Happy Sewing....Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mona they look awesome love the turquoise stems and the fussy cutting of the different flowers and shades of "green" your background piecing really adds to the depth. I too love to piece my backgrounds when appliqueing it really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all gorgeous.. Good job..
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love your fabric choices Mona and the four block background. So inspriational!!Love your flower choices too.
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both blocks are wonderful Mona!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mona,

    These are beautiful! I remember the fussy cut flowers from your block 2, and your block 6 flowers are just as stunning!

    I am loving all your greens...and the substitution of the big leaves in your urn block gives those greens some contrast and interest. The pieced backgrounds are going to give the finished quilt such depth and movement...really a cool concept.

    Keep on keeping on!!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mona,

    Wow, love the colors and choice of fabrics. It is truly going to be a stunning quilt. Each block has a movement of it's very own. Great Job!

    Cheers,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............