Tuesday, April 27, 2010

AQC.........

Hi everyone, first of all can I just say congratulations to Teresa and Susi. What a fabulous achievement to finish your quilts and on the same weekend too, who would have thought that could happen. Well done to both of you but don't abandon us will you, I think we all need a little of your inspiration to get finished!! I have added another page to the blog for quilts that are finished. If you look on the right hand side you will see the links 'home and finished'. As each person finishes I will put a photo on the page.
The Australasian Quilt Convention is on this weekend and Saturday seems to be the day of choice to meet up. I think there are about six of us so far and I thought that we could meet at about 11.30am at the Expo Cafe for a cuppa, a chat and some show and tell if you bring your blocks, is that ok with everyone else? I will be emailing my mobile number to those of you that have said they're coming, so that you can ring if you need to. Ros, you are down as 'no-reply' so I can't email you, you will need to send me an email address that I can reach you on. Kali is coming over from Tasmania and the rest of us are from Victoria I think and I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you, and seeing Cathy and Deb again. That's it then, see you on Saturday if you're coming............. Lizzie xxx

4 comments:

  1. oh please take pictures and post so that we can enjoy the meeting up as well...so glad there are six of you to get together!! have a great time!
    Yes Susi and Teresa please continue with your support we floggers will need it.. Teresa good luck in the show when you enter your quilt. You have a winning chance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lizzie, for making a space for finished quilts. I promise to send a better picture of mine this weekend after I visit the show where it will be hanging this Friday.

    I am obsessed with this project so I will still be here, hanging on every block as it is posted, cheering everyone on. It has been so enjoyable to make this quilt with a community of like-minded, talented people...thank you for being such a gracious hostess.

    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much lizzie,i will stay here too,commenting every new block,have a nice meting on the aqc with the other ones,i would love to be there too,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lizzie,
    My mobile no is 0428328787.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............