Well, the project is DONE!! I can't believe I got it finished!! I am SPENT!!!
For all of you playing along at home, I finished binding it at 3:08 AM, April 23...just a few hours ago.
MaryLiz is the winner of the jellyroll, (Maggieblueyes, Crafty Maine Mom and Paula were SO CLOSE!).
Thank you and a big shout out to everyone who ventured a guess on when I would finish it...your comments and well wishes kept me motivated and moving forward, even when I was hitting mental brick walls and doubting my ability to pull this one off!
I'll post better pictures later...I don't have a blank surface in my house big enough to do it properly now I hope I can photograph all the quilting so it will show. I used YLI 'ecru' quilting thread, and it is exactly the color of my background fabric.
I outlined quilted everything, then quilted little details on most pieces (veins on leaves, designs on urns, pockets on overalls, 'cracks' on eggs, texture on things like the tablecloth, smoke coming out of the chimney, etc.). I decided not to cross-hatch in the blocks...so many of the blocks are so full of applique that it would have been overkill. By the time I outlined everything, the blocks were pretty heavily quilted.
I quilted a double piano key pattern on the borders, "weaving" it into the corners. I didn't want anything on the borders that would pull focus away from the blocks:
I'm going to take a nap before I go unveil it at my Friday quilting group...Sunday, it travels to Archbold in Northwest Ohio to be registered into the Sauder Village Quilt Show, which runs the following Tuesday through Sunday.