Monday, April 26, 2010

Hi to you all
I have been a lurker for some time for this gorgeous Quilt, and have at last finished and photographed my 1st block. - Yay!!
I really love hand applique - it is my first choice of applique, but as there is not enough time for me to make everything I want, I have decided to machine appliqueing my Civil War Bridal Quilt.  I did this block using freezer paper inside then slitting the back and taking the freezer paper out.  It looks a bit crumpled as I had to wet it to get the paper out, and haven’t ironed it yet.IMG_1490
Not sure whether I like this method, so at the moment I am doing one using wash away paper.
Hope to have my second block finished any day now and will post a photo as soon as I can.
I love viewing all the lovely blocks and seeing the different fabrics people are using.
Sue

9 comments:

  1. wonderful first block,love the fabric of the urn,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice first block Sue and welcome. Like Susi, I like the urn fabric and the apple fabric too. I have to admire any of you doing machine applique, well done....
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lurker no more...now a participant!! Great block! I really like your fabric choices, especially the blue for the flowers (my FAVORITE color). It is really exciting to see your start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Susi, your block is very lovely. I just love the blue flowers, though the red apples are the best! You can never have too much red in a quilt, VBG. Great job on the appliqué, such nice stitching! We can't wait to see more..

    Hugs,
    Bobbie Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, Welcome! I like the urn fabric also, I like stripes. Nice method of applique also, it is kind of fun to experiment to find what is the most enjoyable. It surprises me how many different types of applique there are. The end product is the same...beautiful quilts. Can't wait to see the nest one.

    Happy Stitching...

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the urn fabric too! Excellent first block Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I like your colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all very much for your very encouraging comments. I must post a photo of the 2nd block I have now finished.
    Thanks again
    Sue from N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Sue. You don't need to wait until a block is finished to put a picture up, sometimes it helps when it's half done..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............