Saturday, May 8, 2010

And Another Block Finished

Wow, we have been busy appliquists (is that really a word) in the last twenty four hours or so, lots of blocks getting posted. For me, each block on this quilt that I complete, I get the same little thrill I feel when I finish a whole quilt. I liked the little birds in the upper corners that I saw another member used in a post from last fall. It is a good thing this quilt has a somewhat primitive design because my drawing skills are definitely primitive. My wonky little birds are actually a dark navy blue fabric. In one of the blogs I follow I found a post mentioning the Civil War Bride Quilt that I wanted to share. Nadine Thompsen is a wonderful applique instructor and on her blog she related the story that she was asked to make a label for a friend's quilt. There are not many details but the friend is unable to finish her quilt and has asked her friends to help finish it for her and her family. This is such a typical story of how quilters come to the aid of their fellow quilters. My heart (and prayers) goes out to this group of quilting friends. To see the beautiful label depicting the bride that Nadine made visit her blog: http://bapplique.blogspot.com/2010/05/because-she-requested-this-of-me.html Until next time, Happy Stitching all... Cheri

10 comments:

  1. hi cherri,your birds are very lovely,in my quilt they are leaves,because i did not realize them as birds in fact,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize they were birds...I just thought wonky leaves! It's great everyone puts their own spin on the blocks! More blocks...more...more!
    Keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, did not realise they were birds! Wish I had realised because they look great and I probably would have done the sam!. Lovely, lovely block.

    Willowmere Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across this blog and just wanted to say that I am in awe of the BEAUTIFUL work that is done! Honestly, I cant imagine how much skill and time it must take to make those beautiful works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great block my hubby thouught the shapes were sycamore leaves. I like your birds better.
    Thanks for the link touched my heart
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheri, great block! I love the birds...your treatment is perfect. I imagined mine were weird leaves, my husband suggested sassafras...I like the bird idea MUCH better! Way to go, girl...keep up the fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful block Cheri and I love the birds!! And, you are right, each block is like finishing a whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh, your block looks good. I have been putting off this block.. not really sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Everyone! I am enjoying your postings and getting ideas from one another. I am stumped with block 7. Those feet just don't do it and am not sure about the top feathers. Could some of you post your block 7s so the rest of us can glean some good ideas from you?? :)
    Thanks, Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............