Friday, May 7, 2010

My first two blocks!

Hi everyone, Firstly, a big thank you to Lizzie for helping me join you all! I have really enjoyed looking through all of your blogs and particularly looking at your wonderful work, what a talented group you are! I am new to quilting and have never attempted applique before, although I have wanted to for some time. I saw the Civil War Bride Quilt at the quilt convention in Melbourne and decided immediately that one day I would make it. I didn't think it would charm me the way it has, but it must have some kind of magic about it because I have already started. I am only using raw edge applique for my blocks (I hope this doesn't mean I'm considered to be cheating!?!) I am just too impatient!! I am also using a different colour palette - hope all you lovely experts approve. Love Willowmere Karen

10 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, welcome to CWBQ blog. I love your colour palette already. Your blocks are looking beautiful the way they are. I love them and looking forward to see more coming - hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your two blocks.....they are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen, welcome to the fray. No, you don't have to be an expert or proficient. Yes, you can work in any technique that your little heart desires! Your blocks are beautiful and what wonderful color choices. It is going to be a unique and stunning quilt, I can't wait to see it. So get the wonder-under ready and with scissors in hand, please know that you are more than welcome. Quilting is a fabulous hobby/life, there is a place for everyone. Job well done!

    Blissfully Stitching,
    Bobbie
    www.bobbieashley.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi karen,welcome to the blog,i love your fresh colours and the modern looking fabric you took,i am exited to see more,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I can only echo what the others have said...I love the colours you have chosen, and it is your quilt so you may do it any way you wish, so long as you enjoy it. Welcome to our lovely, and encouraging group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    Love the colours you have chosen. Those apples are wonderful and love the blue in the leaves. Great to see the blocks through new eyes
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How fresh and fun! I love the modern fabrics! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Karen, Fun fabrics and perfectly fine technique of applique. I enjoy all the blogs also and look forward to reading more about your home it sounds fascinating.

    Happy Stitching

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Karen! SO FRESH! A very lovely contemporary intepretation. You inspire me to get started! I have to locate the pattern first!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your first two blocks. Nice and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............