Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back on the wagon

I'm back on the wagon, or am I off the wagon? Hmm... guess I should have thought about that before using it as the title of my post. My name is Bizarre Quilter and it has been 7 months since I last worked on the CWBQ. Heh heh... Why haven't I been working on the quilt? I had a few deadlines to get through, and then I was a bit stuck on which fabric to use for the peacocks. So, I switched blocks. Bet you can't guess which block this is? Okay, I know you guessed correctly. I hope I can finish it in the next fortnight.

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I have been off for 6 months too. I'm back and working hard on the table block. Few more berries to stitch and then, show time!!! Look forward to see the rest of block #1 - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice you trace the design to your background fabric. Do you ever have problems covering your traced lines? What do you use to trace them?
    Kay H in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good, so glad you're back at it. This one looks good so far; can't wait to see your next picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay, I use a good quality washaway blue pen to do placement lines e.g. Clover brand. I NEVER use fadeaway pens (they fade before I want to them to, and they use a bleaching agent to make them fade... that does not make for a long-wearing quilt!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm stoked to see the start of your block...it's going to be beautiful!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey we all need a break sometimes! Life can just get so busy. Can't wait to see the finished block. We are all thrilled that you are working on the Bride again.

    Blissfully Stitching,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good Kay, beautiful so far, can't wait to see the finished block.

    Happy stitching
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............