Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Block #4, grapes

I had a very slow week last week.  I was under the weather and didn't get much sewing time in.  Then when I finally did finish my block, I went to take a picture and my camera was broken.  I carry it in a pocket in my handbag and probably bumped it at some point - sigh.  My husband lent his camera to me so here's a picture of block #4 that I finished last week. 


I decided to change the direction of the bird on this one.  Couldn't locate my circle eze so did the grapes by gathering the fabric around a template.  Still want to give the circle eze a try one of these days since you ladies like it so.  Sure have been enjoying seeing all of the gorgeous blocks you ladies are making - and sure love all the activity on this site.  It's so motivating!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,

    you block is just lovely, as usual! I was also thinking of turning the bord around but have not decided yet. For some reason he looks wrong to me upside down, but then again, that's just what I appreciate in these old applique quilts: the utterly unexpected. Maybe I'll just turn his head around to face the other way...

    Great colors and again: perfect choice of fabric for the bird!

    Congrats and greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear linda ,lovely block,wonderful fabrics,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fabric you used for the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda your block looks great. I like the grapes and the fabric you used for the bird. Well done.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice block, Linda! I substituted another block for this one in my quilt...maybe it was the dive-bombing bird that I didn't like. i really like it now with your nice-looking bird and delectable grapes.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Linda! This is one of my favourite blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Linda, I like the bird turned this way, he looks like he is flying off after he is full of grapes,

    Happy Stitching
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! I love your bird's direction, and I love, love the fabric you used on its body. That's definitely what it needs. I haven't done that block yet, it just didn't grab me too much. It grabs me now! Thank you. THis may be just the inspiration I need. I hope you camera is working again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............