Thursday, July 15, 2010

Halfway now

I am now halfway through the 20 blocks, and I just love the look of all the blocks together so far. I really wanted to add some oomph with the colours in this block. Poison green and chrome yellow seem to have done the trick.I decided to keep all the flowers in the same fabric, but I used a print with direction to add interest.

Don't half the blocks make an odd shape to photograph. (Can I just repeat that? That's half the blocks). LOL!!

Yes, I have started another one, but I will need to put it down for some deadlines. I've got a binding to make!

9 comments:

  1. isn`t it a good feeling,to be half way through!!!your blocks look so pretty good together,keep on sewing,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you are halfway. I'm enjoying this time round too - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love all those blocks. Wish I could sew as fast!
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.. I love this quilt. Now I have to decide if I want to buy this pattern or the Roseville Album by Kim McLean. You all are doing such a great job making them both so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are all wonderful. I love this quilt so much. Maybe one day I'll actually get the courage to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful block. The colors just pop. The blocks look really great together too. Congrats on being half way through making your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! They are all my favorites. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations 10 blocks - wow, I love your flowers. All your blocks look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just love all of the blocks together. The colors are just lovely.

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............