Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Little Bride with the Mona Lisa Smile

I just finished my bride block. I have stayed pretty traditional with my CWBQ and I could not decide if I wanted to embroider facial features, but in the end added them. I like the way the mouth has just the little tiniest bend of a smile. I have worked really hard the last couple nights to stay on my goal of one block a month and I have about one hour till midnight and then we will be at a new month already. I pinned my bride up beside the other completed blocks and I really like the way it is coming together. Happy Stitching all... Cheri

7 comments:

  1. dear cheri,your blocks are very beautiful together,and i like the face of the bride,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely Cheri, that was my favourite block.........
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a lovely bride, Cheri. And her smile is just right! All the blocks look so very nice together. Congrats on keeping your goal. You made me laugh about working on her up to the last hour. I can relate.....I've done that with projects I've worked on too.....way more times than I like to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh your bride is so pretty with that tiny smile and all your blocks look beautiful together. Good for you - keeping your goal.
    Keep on stitching

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheri,

    Lovely bride...I love her face and smile...that tiny smile makes her look like she has a secret!!! LOL

    All the blocks together look so beautiful! It's always nice to add another one to the "finished" column and see how nice they all look together.

    I admire you keeping your deadline!!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Bride block, Cheri!
    And your blocks look great together!
    Happy Stitching
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bride! Your first six blocks are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............