I am so excited, and it is fabulous that I get to share the excitement with all of you. I purchased the pattern after finding the CWBQ website last September, but have had other commitments until now and wasn't able to start on it. Day before yesterday, I decided that this had gone on long enough and decided to go through the stash looking for those fabrics that I had been picking up with this pattern in mind. These are some of the colors that I found. I don't know how others do it, but it helps if I pick them out of the stash and put them in a box and look at them for a few days. I have taken 3 out and added about 15 more since this photo, including yellows, golds, and a couple purples. What isn't here are the batiks, I know they are not traditional, but I love them and they seem to be compatible, but the jury is still out. I really wasn't sure that I wasn't doing the whole quilt in batiks until yesterday, when I found my background, a lovely off-white with a light brown/tan all over paisley/flower pattern. That clinched at least some traditional colors and patterns. I will probably applique a couple blocks using a bit of batik and if it isn't going well, I'll take it out. And then, since I had the background and the fabrics... I started with this block. These pieces have a spot of glue to hold them in place until I get them basted. I will spend a couple days looking at this too until it seems right. I know the vase isn't quite centered, that will be taken care of during the appliquing. And the whole apple stem thing looks like a dragonfly at this stage, so I will probably change the yellow. In any event, I HAVE FINALLY STARTED and I am THRILLED!