Monday, September 20, 2010

Block #5

Finally finished #5.  It seemed to take longer to put this block together than the first four combined.  I made my bias stems first and after getting them basted, decided they were too wide.  Rather than remake them, I carefully turned under the edges.  Then decided they were the wrong fabric.  Threw them away and used fabric I knew would work.  Couldn't decide what fabric to use for the daisy flower on the left so omitted it and inserted a bud---it's my block, after all!  All along I thought the fabric that is now the apples would be my vase but after I cut it out decided the vase was all wrong.  I fussy cut the cute bunnies and think they make a nice vase.
 

 Block #6 is basted and should be ready soon.
Kay

14 comments:

  1. That block is so pretty and your work in simply "gorgeous" my dear friend. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Quilting!

    http://quiltingcanbefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely gorgeous! Really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful result...all your efforts really paid off in a very nice block! The bunnies do make a cute vase, and all your flowers and buds are lovely indeed!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your fabric choice,really beautiful,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours you've used Kay, the vase is lovely as are the flowers. Gorgeous block...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This block is gorgeous! I love that you've taken this pattern and lighted up each block from the original quilt. Your work is wonderful. Just lovely! I really need to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous. Well done.

    Love,

    -Samya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so pretty, I love your bunny vase, what a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty block, it turned out wonderfully. Love the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kay your block is very pretty, I love your vase - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry, I meant "cute" V and C are too close on my keyboard.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kay, I just love your color palette, it is so very soft and romantic. Makes me wish I had worked mine up in softer tones. Adore the bunny vase, too cute. Great job!

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............