Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Half Way!!!

Woo Hoo!! This is my 10th block, I have finished half of the blocks. This is block 5 in the quilt. I just love looking at them all together.
I decided to start on the borders and work on them as I do the last 10 blocks. I applique by back basting so I have the borders all traced on the back of the fabric. A dreary, rainy day a couple weeks ago I made miles and miles of bias strips and got all of the stems onto the borders. I want to start with the cute little owls on the bottom border so I am auditioning fabric for them now.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

7 comments:

  1. Halfway is quite an accomplishment!! Your vase block is very pretty. I love to see all your blocks together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you, they look lovely together. I know just how you feel about starting the borders,they are tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! How wonderful...it will be a downhill cruise from here!! They all look so lovely together.

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheri - well done and very clever of you to start the borders. It is nice to see them all together and they do look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheri,

    your blocks look absolutely spectacular together! Beautiful work!!!

    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks all together.. what a great idea to work on the borders at the same time...Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, das ist echt super!!!
    Ich bewundere deine Geduld!

    LG,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............