I started with the Peahen block #14. I wanted to start with a bird block and I thought this bird looked fairly straight forward. lol! That was before I started appliqueing the feet. It was a fun challenge and I know I will get better at applique as I work on this quilt. I'll have to get better at embroidery too as I've done very little of it.
I thought Cheri had found the perfect fabric for the circles on the tail. As soon as I saw her block 14 I recognized the fabric and knew that I had it and I would use it too. This blog has been such an inspiration and I'm so excited to now be able to contribute to it. I'm starting block #2 next. :0)