Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Missing!

Hi all, I'm not posting pictures of my bride because I finished the hand applique on vacation and when I got home she had disappeared along with the dog and cat square.  It was 3 weeks ago and I felt so bad I couldn't even talk about it.  How dumb is that, with all the strife in the world, and I'm losing sleep over appliqued blocks...but I hadn't even taken a picture of her yet (and she was so much work!).   However she has not re-appeared so I think she is gone for good.  I did finally start another block this week but I am really paying attention now that these squares don't leave my bag.  Keep up the beautiful work, you are all so inspiring.   

10 comments:

  1. That is so sad for you, I would be in tears I think. Hope you have enough background fabric to do those blocks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sad...do you think someone might have found her? Maybe a lost and found??

    I am so sorry...I can't imagine how horrible that feels!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that would make me so crazy!! I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOO goodness me - that is so sad. I would be absolutely mad.

    I'm soooo sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you find it. I have had things turn up later. I know that is not much help. I just wanted to give you some hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue, that's terrible. If you ignore the fact and start another maybe she will turn up, fingers crossed for you..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, I would be sad also. Each block is like finishing a little quilt to me. A lot of time, though enjoyable, goes into each block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I am positive it will show up as soon as you have completed a replacement. These things are God winking at us to put us back into our place....

    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to all of you who commented on my bride. I hadn't thought of the lost and found. Maybe she is gracing the front of a pillow sham somewhere. That would be a better alternative than in the trash. I'm back to working on the CWBQ, it is such a lovely quilt. I will have one of these some day, I guess it just takes time (and more background fabric of course). I'll post a finished block soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no...I wonder if someone will design a quilt in 150 years based on the "orphan blocks" someone found on the side of the road sometime...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............