Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another Newbie

Hi there everyone, my name is Katherine and I'm thrilled to be a part of this blog.  I came across this blog at the beginning of this year and I couldn't get this incredible quilt out of my mind. Last month I found and signed up for a BOM version of this quilt.  My first block arrived and I have had so much fun playing with the fabrics.  First I made an overlay and now it's ime to cut out the freezer paper shapes, cut fabric and start appliqueing!  Thanks to all of you for inspiring me.  Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. welcome to the club,kathrine,i loved to sew this quilt very much,have a nice day,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you here Katherine, looking forward to seeing your progress...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, welcome...I'm almost jealous that you are starting! Now that mine is finished, I really miss working on it and being an "active" poster on this fabulous blog. I look forward to your blocks!

    Enjoy the journey!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yet another CWBQ rookie! You'll have so much fun with this project! Enjoy!

    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the selection of fabric for your BOM - could you tell me what shop you got it from?
    Thanks
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............