Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Good morning from the Newest Blogger

Good morning! After following this blog and getting lots of inspiration, I am finally ready to begin my own journey- bringing my personal version of the Civil War Bride Quilt to life. My name is Karen, and I live in upstate New York. Albany to be exact. One of the reasons this quilt is so dear to my heart (other than the fact that it is stunningly beautiful) is that the original quilt maker lived somewhere near here. Imagine! I feel a particular fondness for who she is, that she could have walked some of the same areas I've walked. That she loved fabrics the same way as I do. That she created something beautiful as I hope to. I wonder who she was, what she was like, and what actually happened to her that the quilt was never truly finished. What happened to her groom? What was her life like after he was gone. We may never have the full story, but we have a beauty to use as inspiration as we quilt our own story. I'm thrilled to be here, and can't wait to share my quilting journey with all of you. Karen

4 comments:

  1. Welcome once again Karen, we are lucky to have so many 'newbies' to keep the enthusiasm going...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to all the newbies. It's quite an exciting journey and I think it is so cool that we all get to do it together. http://suesjourneys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome. You will enjoy this group of ladies, everyone is very supportive and encouraging of each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............