Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Morning My first block completed!

I am so excited about making this quilt with you, I finished my first block and I am hooked. I have the second block in progress-not sure if I am making them in order yet.  I do plan to add a little of my life to some of the blocks but I find this quilt so fascinating.  I wonder about the wonderful images did the quilter get to see an Elephant or Ostrich in person?  Was she lucky to visit a zoo?  She must have been well educated!  What influenced her?  It is fun to imagine. Spending time with this quilt will be fun and filled with wonderful stories to imagine.--Susan


7 comments:

  1. Nana,
    You block is just lovely! The fabric used for the vase if just perfect and of course any red just pops right off of the fabric. Great choices. Can't wait to see you next one, they are so very addictive.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first block looks wonderful! Your blue flowers and red apples are just right! It seems logical to make the blocks in order but I have so much fun choosing the next block :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely. It is such fun deciding which block to make next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely block Susan, I started out making the blocks in order but the leaves defeated me, so many that I did a 'leafy' block then a 'non-leafy' block. Doesn't matter though because they are all gorgeous blocks..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome and very pretty first block. I have been all over this quilt, totally not doing them in order. Have fun and can't wait to see your next block.
    Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Susan. Very pretty block! Like you, I love to wonder about the maker of the quilt. She certainly left us a lot to wonder about. Looking forward to seeing how you add your personal touches.
    Kay in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice block Susan! I think it is funny how most all of us started with this block, then we all took off in different directions. I think that makes the posting (and reading!) fun and interesting. Your fabrics and colors look fabulous and I can't wait to see what you will do next!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............