Monday, October 18, 2010

Here is my block #2 almost finished.

I'm undecided about the red and white seedpods (or are they flowers/buds or leaves??) I admired the red and white that Mona used for these shapes and thought I'd give it a try. I'm not going to applique the little white oval shapes on them until I've decided what to do. I have set it aside to think about and have started on block #11.

Each block I've tried so far has presented different applique challenges. I'm loving it so far and have to confess that my other quilting projects are suffering neglect. :0)

5 comments:

  1. Lovely block Janet, I did my flowers in white too and really liked them. I like the red on the block, it makes it pop amongst the green and white..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi janet ,i like the red blossoms ,too,your block is very beautiful,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, just gorgeous! That little bit of red just makes this block sing. Love, love all of the different fabrics that you used for the leaves. Maybe I might rethink mine, not! There are just too many leaves. Again, great job! Can't wait to see them all together.

    Cheers,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blossoms as well. Very pretty. It looks like you are handling all the "applique challenges" really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty block Janet, I like the seed pod in a red fabric. You do nice applique leaves also.
    Have fun with the bird and nest block.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............