Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hi CW brides, I'm a happy person today, I get to join this great group of appliquers/quilters who are making this fantastic quilt. Can't wait to get started. This week I'll be going to the States and stocking up on my quilt stash.The fabric here in Holland is soooooo expensive that whenever I get the chance to go to the States, to visit my family, I always stock up. I'll be buying fabric for this great quilt and as soon as I get back to Holland Ill be starting on my civil war journey. Thanks for having me and I'll get back to you soon. Lorene from Holland

6 comments:

  1. Just re-read my first comment to this blog and forgot to post my name. How stupid can you be.
    greetings from Lorene in Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,lorene,welcome to the club.how lucky you are,beeing able to buy fabric in the usa,happy stitching later,susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome and enjoy shopping!!!- susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lorene, have fun on your trip and picking out the fabric for your bride quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorene
    Have a great trip! Where will you be visiting?
    Kay in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep in mind that if you ever get in a pinch for a little bit of fabric, your U.S. friends can raid their stashes and send you bits and pieces for less than $1 postage if sent in a regular envelope. My experience has been that 1 oz (1/8 yard or 10-12 5" friendship squares) can be included in a "first class" letter (for $.98US).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............