Sunday, November 28, 2010

I don't want you to think

I don't want you to think I can do one of these blocks in a week, I can not. I actually have been working on this one off and on for a while, it has been a real pill. The whole thing is just a little off, I have done the legs a couple times, I think I remember a post that some one else had a difficult time with them also. Anyway, I have pressed on and finished the block. I wanted to include a vase in the quilt that looked like Delft. My mother has given me a lot of Delft pottery and tiles over the years to remember my Dutch heritage. The little bit of embroidery on the cherry stems was fun, the last thing I did on the block and a good finishing touch.
Happy Stitching,
Cheri

9 comments:

  1. Cheri your block looks gorgeous, I must say the vase is something special, wow I love that fabric, is it Den Haan & Wagenmakers? Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block Cheri, I too love the vase, it's lovely to put your own special touched in the blocks isn't it. It would probably have been me that had so much trouble with the legs, they did give me quite a lot of grief I think...
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely block. I too love the vase. Not looking forward to those table legs though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block is gorgeous!! I love your vase. The cherry fabric is perfect with some of them having a bit of sparkle. Your table legs look just fine to me. I remember someone who made this block changed the legs a bit - did they do it to make it easier??

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your table and the vase is just beautiful,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful block, Cheri! And your fabric for the pottery just makes it sing...nice connection with your personal history. It doesn't seem "off" to me at all...it is very pleasing with the embroidered stems adding just the right finishing touch.

    I changed the shape of the legs in my block...I wanted them a little less chunky, more like my childhood's family's table legs:
    http://thecivilwarbridequilt.blogspot.com/2010/02/let-them-eat-cake-wedding-cake-that-is.html

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheri,

    I too love the vase. I always like to see the ways in which we personalize our blocks. I think the table legs look great. I also like the way in which you did the table cloth. I have be stressing on how to do the table cloth "fringe".

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi cheri,

    I love the block and it does look like Delft porcellan. That's the look I was going for in my blocks with white and blue vases as well.

    Really pretty! I love the red table cloth, too...

    Greetings from the Rhine,
    Britta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............