Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I have been so excited to recently find out about this blog spot and to realize so many other people have been working on the CWB also. I have been working on the CWB pattern for about 7 months, by myself, through the BOM from Common Threads. I love this pattern and have been excited about all the postings others have made. The work everyone has been doing is wonderful.
In the last 7 months, I have finished 8 blocks - some work up alittle faster than the others thank goodness. I have tried to be true to the pattern as much as possible but I figure I can have "quilter's license" to make some changes as I go along. I did turn the orientation of one block (the bird and grapes) after my husband kept referring to it as "the dead bird falling from the sky" block. I have also used wool applique for the bird feet. The wool doesn't fray and there was no way I was even going to try to make those toes!
Although my other quilting friends have been very supportive as I embarked on this quilt, I am glad to have found this group. Working on the same quilt all over the globe. It's wonderful. I look forward to seeing everyone' work. Hope you liked me.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome. You are much further ahead than I am. Love your blocks and wool felt for thoes darn legs. Oh how clever. I'd only have to unpick um 2 sets of legs so far Must think.
    Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful!! I love the purple striped flowers in the bride block. Wool is a great idea for those darn feet - I've done 2 sets now so I guess there's no turning back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome again Judye, love all your blocks and what a great idea doing the feet in wool. If I was starting again I would use wool in my quilt along with cotton fabric, I love the combination of both. You are well on the way to half way there, fabulous....
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, this is a very suportive helpful group which you will enjoy, your blocks are lovely especially the BOP, such rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! coming along very nicely. I'm still prepping pieces for my Block #1...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judye and welcome aboard! Your blocks are so beautiful...I love the warm glow of the fabrics you are using. I really like your treatment of the head feathers on the peacocks. Keep 'em coming!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Judye
    This is a very helpful group of people. Love what you've done!
    Kay in Arkansas
    http://kayharmon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............