Thursday, November 11, 2010

Show of hands!......

Who also gets a kick out of finding the right fabric and making the templates and cutting out the pieces? I sometimes think that is the most fun out of making the next block. Especially when you are sewing 200 leaves (okay, that may be an exaggeration but it certainly seems likes 200!) on a block. It's sort of peaceful to sit and iron on freezer paper and just cut fabric. And ... Wow! I was checking out the "Finished Quilts" link. Three beautiful quilts there. I can only hope that mine will look that great when it finally gets finished. Well, back to my leaves .... Judy

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the leaves...I was overwhelmed by them at first. I even started keeping a tally on an index card in my project box where I kept track of numbers...how many leaves, pieces of fruit (each grape and berry COUNTED!), birds and animals, bird feet (!!!), blossoms/buds/petal, urns...the counting kept me sane and going in the beginning until I had a few blocks under my belt. Then the momentum was going and I didn't need to count anymore. I thought at one time I would make a final count of all those tedious little details when I was finished. Then, when I was finished, I didn't need to. Funny...

    You will get there, and your creation will be beautiful!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone that is following our journey with the Civil War Bride Quilt. We love to read your comments and appreciate your encouragement...............